- Auditions are for Large Ensembles (Orchestras, Wind Ensembles) and Chamber Music.
- Your time will be assigned to you.
Requirements for new students
- Auditions for new students will take place during Orientation 8/27 - 8/31. We will make the schedule and let you know your date/ time by August 20.
- Two short solos in contrasting styles and by different composers. They may be movements of standard solo works (concerto, sonata, etc.). You will play without accompaniment.
- Orchestral excerpts for your instrument available below. Please read instructions on the title page for your instrument.
- Each audition will be 10 minutes and will be held in Jordan Hall.
Requirements for returning students
- If you were a student in a degree or diploma program during the 2018/2019 school year, you are a returning student even if you will be in a new program in 2019/2020.
- Auditions for returning students will take place 9/3 - 9/7.
- Please prepare only the orchestral excerpts for your instrument. You are not required to play any solo works for this audition.
- If you are a year 5 Harvard/NEC student, you need to prepare two short solo movements as described in new student requirements above. Only exception is if you've previously played an audition for
Mr. Wolff during your undergraduate years.
Orchestra Excerpts for Auditions
Euphonium to be posted on June 21