- Auditions are for Large Ensembles (Orchestras, Wind Ensembles) and Chamber Music.
- Your time will be assigned to you. Times are posted below.
Requirements for new students
- Auditions for new students will take place during Orientation 8/29 - 9/1.
- Two short solos in contrasting styles and by different composers. They may be movements of standard solo works (concerto, sonata, etc.). You will play without accompaniment.
- Orchestral excerpts for your instrument available below. Please read instructions on the title page for your instrument.
- Each audition will be 10 minutes and will be held in Jordan Hall.
Requirements for returning students
- If you were a student in a degree or diploma program during the 2016/2017 school year, you are a returning student even if you will be in a new program in 2017/2018.
- Auditions for returning students will take place 9/5 - 9/9.
- Please prepare only the orchestral excerpts for your instrument available below. You are not required to play any solo works for this audition.
Percussion, Harp, and Piano